This historic cottage, built by renowned architect, Sir Herbert Baker, has been redecorated to give guests a chance to experience a piece of South African history and walk in the footsteps of Cecil John Rhodes.
Set under the imposing outline of the Simonsberg mountain, the cottage has magnificent views over the Boschendal Estate and the valley. The cottage is about 2 km from the main Werf. A large verandah, outside dining under the oaks and an eco friendly swimming pool add to the relaxed feel of the property, which is a South African National Heritage Site.
Sleeps up to 6 people in the cottage and 4 people in the garden annex.
Rate includes the service of a housekeeper
Booking enquiries: email@example.com
Tel: +27 21 8704290
Rhodes Cottage has a spacious main house and charming garden annex where you can relax and take in the majestic scenery.
Main house: 3 bedrooms. 1 x queen bed, 1 x twin bed, and 1 x king or twin bed. The 2 bedrooms in the main house share a bathroom. The Butler’s room, with a separate courtyard entrance is the third bedroom. The bathhouse is situated across the open courtyard.
Garden Annex: 2 ensuite bedrooms with king or twin beds - please advise us on booking which you would prefer.
Amenities and Services
- Serviced daily by the dedicated Rhodes Cottage housekeeper.
- Breakfast cooked and served at the cottage by the housekeeper.
- Fully equipped kitchen in both the main house and annex. Private pool and large gardens.
- Trout fishing dam and fishing equipment, boule, croquet and 2 bicycles.
- Sat TV, WiFi, air conditioning.
- Access to all estate activities including mountain bike, walking and hiking trails.