BOSCHENDAL COVID 19 STATEMENT
Dear Friends of the farm
We would like to update you on our latest operations.
Covid-19 training and social distancing protocols
All Boschendal staff receive ongoing Covid-19 training. The Company has implemented strict social distancing protocols for staff and guests which will be explained to every guest upon arrival.
We continue to test every guest’s and staff member’s temperatures at our two entrance gates. Guests who register a temperature higher of 37,5 and above will not be granted access to the property. Guests do have the option to undergo additional screening at our Covid-19 clinic and will be asked to sign a declaration of health form for contact tracing purposes.
- All staff continues to receive COVID-19 preventative training measures and hygiene protocols.
- Informational signage is displayed for both guests and staff throughout the estate to serve as a reminder to follow social distancing protocols and to sanitise hands.
- Staff are provided with personal protective equipment (PPE) in line with regulations, along with additional hygiene resources.
- We have increased sanitising and disinfecting practices (over and above our normal stringent cleaning protocols)
- We have implemented strict public social distancing, demarcated areas, physical barriers where necessary and PPE.
- We have increased our sanitisation of high touch points, deep cleaning, and pest control.
- We have brought on an external auditing firm, Guest Assured, to monitor our compliance in all areas of the property every week.
Join us at The Deli for a hearty farm brunch or wholesome dinner Monday to Sunday 08h00 - 16h00. Dinner Sunday - Wednesday | 16:30 - 19:00 (last orders by 18:00) & Thursday - Saturday | 17:00 - 21:00 (last orders by 20:00) Bookings are essential.
Rose Garden Picnics
The Werf Restaurant
Our sharing plate menu features produce from the farm including our Black Angus beef, forest-reared Duroc pork as well as vegetables and herbs from The Werf Food Garden, which can be viewed from the conservatory. Book here.
We’re open for travel and can’t wait to welcome you to the farm! We’re offering South African Residents discounted rates on all our accommodation offerings. View our specials here.
Kids Outdoor Experience
Kids aged 5 – 14 years once again have the chance to enjoy an authentic outdoor farm experience under the leadership and professional guidance of our Farm Experience team whilst you unwind and take a well-deserved break. We offer full or half-day packages. Please book 24hrs in advance at email@example.com or 021 870 4210.
Our new Farm Shop & Butchery is open at the following times:
Monday – Thursday: 09h00 - 18h00 | Friday - Saturday: 09h00 - 19h00 | Sunday: 09h00 - 17h00
We are selling our award-winning grass-fed black Angus beef, forest raised charcuterie, bread, pastries and other assorted products from local like-minded suppliers.
We are very excited about our new frozen food range, capturing the best seasonal produce from the farm.
Mountain Bike and Hiking Trails
Permits can be purchased at the Trail Centre. Please note the trails will be closed during inclement weather and 1 day after to protect the long-term integrity of the trails.
We are only hosting individual, couple and family rides at a time to maintain social distancing on the rides. All equipment to be thoroughly sanitised before and after the rides. Bookings can be made beforehand with reservations on 021 820 4200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or book at the Trail Centre on the day. Rides will be cancelled in the event of inclement weather.
Functions, Events and Conferencing
Our events staff are available for pre-booked site inspections or online for any questions or future booking inquiries at 021 820 4200 or email email@example.com
We thank you for your ongoing support.
Please download our COVID-19 Preventative Measures Poster below for more information.
Georgie Davidson | CEO Boschendal