BOSCHENDAL COVID 19 STATEMENT - LEVEL 3
Monday 20 July 2020
Dear Friends of the farm
Following the President’s latest address on Sunday 12 July, we would like to update you on our latest operations.
Covid-19 training and social distancing protocols: all Boschendal staff receive ongoing Covid-19 training. The Company has implemented strict social distancing protocols for staff and guests which will be explained to every guest upon arrival.
We continue to test every guest’s and staff member’s temperatures at our two entrance gates. Guests who register a temperature higher of 37,5 and above will not be granted access to the property. Guests do have the option to undergo an additional screening at our Covid-19 clinic and will be asked to sign a declaration of health form for contact tracing purposes.
- All staff continue to receive COVID-19 preventative training measures and hygiene protocols
- Informational signage is displayed for both guests and staff throughout the estate
- Staff are provided with personal protective equipment (PPE) in line with regulations, along with additional hygiene resources
- We have increased sanitising and disinfecting practices (over and above our normal stringent cleaning protocols)
- We have implemented strict public social distancing, demarcated areas, physical barriers where necessary and PPE
- We have increased our sanitisation of high touch points, deep cleaning, and pest control
- We have brought on an external auditing firm, Guest Assured, to monitor our compliance in all areas of the property on a weekly basis
Join us at The Deli for a hearty farm breakfast or wholesome lunch Monday to Sunday 08h00 - 15h00. Bookings are essential.
The Werf Restaurant
Remains closed until further notice.
Leisure Travel Cottages
We’re open for local leisure travel and can’t wait to welcome you to the farm! We’re offering South African Residents a 30% discounted rate on all our leisure and business accommodation offerings. View our specials here.
Business Travel Cottages
We are keeping our cottages open for work-related travel, our previous terms and conditions remain in place:
- New bookings made for stays until the 30th of November 2020 – cancellation with no penalties up to 72 hours prior to arrival
- 100% payment upfront
- Should a guest wish to cancel their booking, we would encourage guests to rebook with no penalty for the same rate, within the same season 2020 to 2021
- New bookings made for a stay from 1 December 2020 – cancellation without penalty up to 7 days prior to arrival
Please find the link to our new rates here.
In line with government regulations, wine sales are closed until further notice.
Our farm shop remains open at the following times:
Monday to Sunday 09h00 – 16h00
We are selling our award-winning grass-fed black Angus beef, forest raised charcuterie, bread, pastries and other assorted products.
We are very excited about our new frozen food range alongside our themed farm boxes capturing the best seasonal produce from the farm. To pre-order your farm box for collection please contact 021 820 4200 or email email@example.com
Mountain Bike and Hiking Trails
Remain open; permits can be purchased at the Trail Centre. Please note the trails will be closed during inclement weather and 1 day after to protect the long-term integrity of the trails.
We are only hosting individual, couple and family rides at a time to maintain social distancing on the rides. All equipment to be thoroughly sanitised before and after the rides. Bookings can be made beforehand with reservations on 021 820 4200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or book at the Trail Centre on the day. Rides will be cancelled in the event of inclement weather.
Picnics, Farm Tours, The Tree House, weddings and events - remain closed until further notice. Our events staff are available online for any questions or future booking enquiries at 021 820 4200 or email email@example.com
Community Support Programme
We continue weekly deliveries of our vegetables, bread and eggs to soup kitchens and local charities in the surrounding villages. Our efforts are focused on making sure children of our employees who are not in school continue to receive nutritious meals throughout Lockdown. A special vote of thanks must go to Janet Baxter, our neighbours at Old Bethlehem, Pebbles and the Dwars Rivier Saamspan for their extraordinary efforts during this time.
Thanks to our owner’s generous support, Boschendal has guaranteed every single employee’s employment for the remainder of the year, the Company is behind its staff and their families at this difficult time. Boschendal will also continue to pay tips and commission subsidy to affected staff to ensure no member of staff is financially disadvantaged due to the Covid-19 crisis.
We are asking guests to keep supporting the farm to help us support our local communities at this desperate time!
We thank all of you for your ongoing support.
Please download our COVID-19 Preventative Measures Poster below.