This historic cottage, built by renowned architect, Sir Herbert Baker, has been redecorated to give guests a chance to experience a piece of South African history.
Set under the imposing outline of the Simonsberg mountain, the cottage has magnificent views over the Boschendal Estate and the valley. The cottage is about 2 km from the main Werf. A large verandah, outside dining under the oaks and an eco-friendly swimming pool add to the relaxed feel of the property, which is a South African National Heritage Site.
Sleeps up to 6 people in the cottage and 4 people in the garden annex.
Rate includes the service of a housekeeper
Booking enquiries: email@example.com
Tel: +27 (0) 21 870 4271
Rhodes Cottage has a spacious main house and charming garden annex where you can relax and take in the majestic scenery.
Main house: 3 bedrooms. 1 x queen bed, 1 x twin bed, and 1 x king or twin bed. The 2 bedrooms in the main house share a bathroom. The Butler’s room, with a separate courtyard entrance is the third bedroom. The bathhouse is situated across the open courtyard.
Garden Annex: 2 ensuite bedrooms with king or twin beds - please advise us on booking which you would prefer.
Amenities and Services
- Serviced daily by the dedicated Rhodes Cottage housekeeper.
- Breakfast cooked and served at the cottage by the housekeeper.
- Fully equipped kitchen in both the main house and annex. Private pool and large gardens.
- Trout fishing dam and fishing equipment, boule, croquet and 2 bicycles.
- Sat TV, WiFi, air conditioning.
- Access to all estate activities including mountain bike, walking and hiking trails.